Southeast Campus - Session 1 (10/24/19): What if you could increase awareness, reduce fear, live safer and feel more empowered? This seminar covers specific ways to increase personal and situational awareness. Explore a variety of effective strategies to help you recognize and prevent violence before it happens, including:
• Identifying risky people and situations
• Preparing responses for potential dangers (rather than reacting when it’s too late)
• Everyday Habits of Awareness & safety
• Methods for discouraging an attack
Session 2 (10/31/19): Because life doesn’t always go as planned, this session addresses how to defend yourself physically when needed. The strategies covered in this basic self-defense class include:
• Using the natural weapons you already have at all times
• Targeting the best parts of the body to disable and discourage an attacker
• Understanding ranges of combat, stances and blocking techniques
• Putting it all together in real-life scenarios with opportunity for hands-on practice in a controlled, safe environment.
Registration available through OLLI - UA Fall Schedule.